About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, September 18, 2017

My Link to Molovinsky's Blog Was Removed Because of the Hate

Sometime ago, Allentown blogger Michael Molovinsky decided that he would not only moderate his comments, but would also require readers to identify themselves. He did so out of fear. He's afraid of a troll who harasses him. He also rarely interacts with his readers, even when they post ridiculous comments about the IQs of Somalis being substandard.

It's his blog and he can do what he wants.

But I don't have to link to it.

When John Morganelli decided to run for state AG in 2016, I supported him. In every post I wrote about the race, I included this disclaimer: "I support John Morganelli for AG and have made a small contribution."

I thought my readers should know about my bias. I was trying to be honest and above board. At that time, I thought Molovinsky and I were friendly. He certainly called me enough.

So in March 2016, in a post about Morganelli's AG race, I was upset when Molovinsky, someone who I thought was my friend, slammed me for failing to do more. He never made clear exactly what that was

I was embarrassed and hurt that someone I had thought of as a friend would attack me in this way. If he had a question about what I was doing, he could have included it in his daily telephone calls. Instead, he ripped into me.

He lost a friend that day.

But not the link.

That came later.

He is now telling his readers that the reason the link was removed is because of his unfounded Morganelli criticism. "In Bernie's world loyalty is the main theme, in mine it is truthfulness." He accuses me of misrepresenting why the link was removed. He even calls it a "hostile" misrepresentation.

I made no misrepresentation.

The blowup over Morganelli occurred on March 21, 2016.

My link to Molovinsky's blog remained until May of this year. When I did remove it, Molovinsky himself almost immediately noted it on his Facebook page.

The removal of the link to his blog had nothing to do with Morganelli. It was removed for precisely the reason I said it was. I was disgusted by the racist and xenophobic remarks from his readers, and his outright refusal to do anything about it.

The link removal came 14 months after the Morganelli dispute.

So when it comes to misrepresenting things, Molovinsky is playing fast and loose with the truth.

And he's been pretty damn hostile about it.

Updated 10:20 am: Molovinsky attempts to justify his lie. - Having been caught in a lie, Molovinsky states he would prefer it had I let his lie stand. I'll bet. He now claims that the reason I removed the link to his blog is because it was repeatedly attacking me.

I wish he'd make up his mind.

His repeated personal attacks certainly played a role in my decision in concluding his is a hate blog.

After Donald Ttrump's election, Molovinsky's blog devolved into a cesspool of hatred that attacked women, blacks and Islam. Molovinsky led the charge in the attacks aimed at women, while his myrmidons are responsible for his other slurs. At first, I took them all to task. Then I decided to just delete my link to the hate blog.

My decision had nothing to do with Morganelli. Molovinsly's assertions that it did are lies that he now seems to admit.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop this nonsense.Mr. Molovinsky was always very selective as to what comments were posted on His blog

Bernie O'Hare said...

His selectiveness has included some very disgusting comments.

Anonymous said...

How petty. But it's your blob.. whatever.

Bernie O'Hare said...

After being accused two or three times of making "hostile" misrepresentations, I thought I'd set the record straight about a petty matter from a petty person. The Morganelli row occurred some 14 months before I removed the link to Molovinsky's blog. It was removed bc I could no longer stand the racism, Islamaphobia and xenophobia. I have including links that show what happened, and it's what I said had happened. I probably would be better off to just ignore him, but I am a human being and I resent being falsely accused.

Anonymous said...

At least MM doesn't delete you or make your comment disappear if it doesn't agree with his pre-determined agenda. That is something you are well known for doing.

Bernie O'Hare said...

No, you won't appear at all. I delete trolls like you who post anonymous personal attacks or who are off topic. Unlike Molovinsly, I have several trolls. Unlike Molovinsky, I am not afraid of you. But you are afraid of me, which is why you don't say who you are.

Anonymous said...

Molovinsky is pretty irrelevant to me ... I have tried to follow his blog but aside from reading very little to appreciate, I am turned off by the tone and content from the same subset of commentators that appear regularly. I would not notice if there are never any more references to his blog on Lehigh Valley Ramblings.

Anonymous said...

Right on Jabba.

Anonymous said...

Somebody better eat a Snickers ...

Anonymous said...

I noticed that Bernie deleted everything posted this morning. Not surprising as 99% of the posts he receives from readers are Anonymous. I expect this to be gone before long also.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I deleted one comment. An anonymous personal attack from a coward who is afraid of me. MM has falsely claimed my link to his blog was removed as a result of the row with Morganelli. In truth, it was removed 14 months later, and only after I became disgusted by all the hatred he and his readers spew. Idiots weigh in on the average IQs of Somalis, MM disparages women. The Islamaphobia is rampant. Comments hinting at physical violence to Bill White are allowed. Identity politics is the norm. MM can post all the hate he wants, but I will never link to him.

Resident of Allentown said...

I read both blogs because I like to find out what is going on in the local underground. Although I have been rebuked by you for an opinion in the past, it was posted and was not deleted. I cannot say the same for M's blog about posting or deletion, hence I don't bother posting there anymore. But I also like reading M's blog since the election because it provides insight into a warped perception of the hard right's reality, which is, sadly, lockstep (or goosestep) with our Prez.